Tuesday, May 16, 2017

The Not so Great Gatsby

I am currently reading The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald and it is not as interesting as people that have previously read it told me. They all said that the book was one of the best books they have ever read. I disagree with them due to the writing style because it kept throwing me off as to what was happening in the book. I finished three fourths of the book and I hope to finish the book by this Friday. I hope to read at least twenty pages in class, and read for twenty to thirty minutes at home.

In the book, a quote that caught my attention was "Their eyes met, and they stared together at each other, alone in space." I chose this quote to show that even though these two characters are looking at each other, the author makes it seem like they are already lovers of some sort. That's why I personally did not like the book that much. In general, the book kept looping my attention in the sense that the book would lose my attention, then gain it back for a little, then lose it again. The book also kept throwing me off in the fact that I was lost as to what has happening in that specific scene.

2 comments:

  1. I read this book and thought it was a great read. I find it interesting that the quote threw you off. When I read that sentence I thought of love at first sight, not that I was confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read the book, but I've also heard from many people that it is a very good book. The quote you gave seemed pretty straight forward, so I'm not sure why you found it confusing, but I definitely want to read the book to see what my view on it is.

    ReplyDelete